7:40 PM

So what do they think of us?

Posted by Jonn Lilyea |

Hi, everyone. I'm Jonn Lilyea from This Ain't Hell which is down at the time of this writing. Skye, a dear friend of mine, asked me to blog for her a bit while she's otherwise occupied in fighting the good fight. Since I'm sitting on hold with my idiot provider, I thought I'd fill the time yapping with you.

The internet provides with three great examples of what the Democrats think of us today. Over at Ace of Spades, I picked up a story about our old friend John Murtha shooting off his fat mouth again about his constituents. Last week he called them racists. Today he says he didn't mean to call them racists...they're rednecks instead;

Just days after classifying western Pennsylvania as racist, Murtha took a step back from those comments, albeit a small one."What I said, that indicted everybody, that's not what I meant at all. What I mean is there's still folks that have a problem voting for someone because they are black," Murtha said.Murtha said the history of southwestern Pennsylvania is rife with racism.

"This whole area, years ago, was really redneck," Murtha told Channel 4 Action News.Murtha believes there is one segment of the population which is holding on to its racist beliefs and he said it's difficult for them to change. Murtha said it may be even more difficult for them to vote for Barack Obama.

"Particularly older people. They want change but they don't want to see things go too far...."
Sweet, huh? I know Skye has quite few fans up there in Pennsylvania, how's that make you feel that John Murtha, the goofy clod, thinks you're just an old redneck?

Along those same lines, John Kerry shot off his mouth about age, too, according to Jake Tapper;

"I don't know if any of you know what it's like. I do, obviously," Kerry told the crowd. "I've been asked all of those brilliant questions that were repeated this year...Barack got asked the famous boxers or briefs question. I was tempted to say commando...

"Then they asked McCain and McCain said, ‘Depends,'" Kerry said.

Neither of these guys are exactly spring chickens, so what's with the age-ism?

And then the guy that I love (in my role as a blogger) Joe Biden decided to warn us that if we elect Obama, we're going to be attacked, and Obama is going to need us regular Joes to pull his fat from the fire;

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him.

Cuffy Meigs has the audio.

So just how stupid do they think we are? Why would we elect this group of spastics to lead the country. Obama is running for an office where he's supposed to lead the country, but he's not up to LEADING us, he's up to the task of blaming us if he fails, though. The first decision he made that could affect us is appointing motormouth Biden as his 2d in command. That should tell the country what we're in for if he gets elected.

I made the point the other day at my place that folks who get a job as a leader based on their "potential" usually fail. Folks who act like a leader before they get the job succeed. Are we going to elect Obama because of his potential, or McCain who acts like leader already?

Clicky Web Analytics