WALLACE: Do you think you did enough, sir?

CLINTON: No, because I didn’t get him.

WALLACE: Right.

CLINTON: But at least I tried. That’s the difference in me and some, including all the right-wingers who are attacking me now. They ridiculed me for trying. They had eight months to try. They did not try. I tried. So I tried and failed. When I failed, I left a comprehensive anti-terror strategy and the best guy in the country, Dick Clarke, who got demoted.

CLINTON: And you’ve got that little smirk on your face and you think you’re so clever. But I had responsibility for trying to protect this country. I tried and I failed to get bin Laden. I regret it. But I did try. And I did everything I thought I responsibly could.



Wow! A lot of blame being spread around, and large dose of finger waggling happening in this interview. I believe the only people Clinton didn't blame were Mother Teresa and Hilary - probably didn't have enough time during the interview to blame them. The most honest line spoken in this interview ocurred when Clinton acknowledged his failure in capturing OBL. Another disturbing point: Does our intelligence services have to be in complete concurance in order for a democratic president to act? What type of message is this sending - that a democratic president won't act on the behalf of US security issues without such concurrance?

What are your thoughts on this interview? Don't be shy, speak to me.


Clicky Web Analytics