7:24 PM

Sunday with Ferris

Posted by Skye |

Back Channels: A distraction: The real shock to the conscience should be 9/11, not the efforts - however harsh - to prevent such attacks in the future.

The phrase acts as a reality check, forcing one's thoughts back to the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, and the mass murder of almost 3,000 people: The innocents who had their throats slit by hijackers. The men and women who burned to death. Those who plunged to their deaths from the World Trade Center to escape the inferno.

That was a shock to my conscience.

I compare that with KSM's being subjected to harsh interrogation techniques, including reportedly being waterboarded 183 times - roughly one session for every 16 victims of 9/11.

Sorry, but I cannot work my conscience into being shocked for him, even though I suspect such a judgment will result in some form of eternal damnation.

You know what, I'll save a seat for you Kevin. If this is what it takes to prevent mass murder on our shores, so be it. Simply put; when intelligence agencies are hamstrung by political witch hunts, civilians are the ones who pay the ugly price. I'd like to introduce you to someone who was paid that price: David Reed Gamboa-Brandhorst

Clicky Web Analytics