10:43 PM

Nativity Drama in West Chester

Posted by Skye |


Karen Porter, Director of the CCPM and Chester County Obama Team leader recently penned a letter to West Chester's Daily Local newspaper expounding on what she perceives to be an offensive creche on display outside the Chester County Courthouse. Apparently, the offense stems from the use of non middle eastern statues in the display. If she finds this sublimely beautiful creche to be contemptuous, then there are creches from every culture that she may find equally offensive. Pope Benedict recently reflected on the meaning of the creche:
On Gaudete Sunday, December 14, 2008, Pope Benedict XVI said, "Standing before the crèche, we will be able to taste Christian joy, contemplating in the new-born Jesus the face of God who out of love made himself close to us"
Surely, as a life long christian, she would know that transcending any type of creche is the simple message of renewal, hope and love gifted to humanity on that fateful night. This gift is reflected in the faces of all those who believe regardless of ethnicity. In his ministry on earth, Jesus welcomed sinners, outcasts, crucified criminals, the wealthy and the poor alike:

"Come to me all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my load is light" (Matthew 11:28-30).

Jesus did not discriminate based upon the ethnicity of his followers, only those that would seek to abuse Christianity would do so. However, I suspect it not the skin color of the statues that is offensive to Karen Porter, but the message itself. She is no more a Christian than Mohamed the prophet was.

Speaking of Islam, I took a closer look at the 'decorations' on the tree of knowledge that is looming over the creche. What I found did not surprise me:

Book covers discussing the fraud of Christianity:


Book covers discussing the fraud of Christ:


Book covers discussing the fraud of the God:


The case against Christmas and various similar themes:


What I did not find on this tree shocked me. Not one book cover detailing the fraud of Islam, or for that matter, the "fraud" of Hinduism, Buddhism or Jainism. Why not - they are organized religions as well? Why such a narrow focus on the 'tree of knowledge"?

Perhaps a better name for this tree would be "The Tree of Bullhockey".

The 'offensive' Creche of West Chester, Pa:
"Fear not, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people; for unto you is born, this day, in the city of David, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord" (Luke 2:10, 11)


Full disclosure prompts me to inform the readers that I am Catholic but claim no superior knowledge on any religion. However, I do possess an excellent BS detector!

A reader posted a great quote in the comment section that needs to be read far and wide:

Thanks ADN!

galatians 3.26-3.28

26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Clicky Web Analytics