12:00 AM

In Memoriam Jose Angel Martinez - 09/11/2001

Posted by Skye |


On 9/11/2009 it is my privilege to remember Jose Angel Martinez, 49 years old from Hauppage, NY, whose life was extinguished on 9/11/01 in the World Trade Center.


His sister, Doris Martinez, recalled the innate kindness of her brother:

Joe was my big brother (he still is). He was a very kind and gentle person. Education was very important to him. He loved music. He and I danced salsa together, and he taught me to play sports. When we were little, and he went to kindergarten, he learned English the hard way. So when it was my turn to go to school, he taught me English so I wouldn't be embarrassed. He did so much for me that we did not realize it till ... anyway, he knows now how much I appreciate everything he's done for me. He was my hero. I am proud to say he IS my big brother and a gift to all of us who knew him.

It has been 8 years since that crisp fall day when 2,996 people were lost in a brutal act of violence. While we cannot bring them back, we can make sure their memory lives on in our hearts. The best way do just that is to spend the day living well. Hug your children, laugh with your friends, work productively, spend time on a project that you love, or plan your future, just take day and live your life with joy.

Please take a moment today to remember Jose Angel Martinez - the world lost a gentle soul on that September day.

Rest in Peace Jose Angel Martinez


Time is too slow for those who wait,
too swift for those who fear,
too long for those who grieve,
too short for those who rejoice,
but for those who love, time is eternity.
~ H. Van Dyke


More tributes can be found HERE

Clicky Web Analytics